As per Republic Act No. 9485 which is known as the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007, the Bureau of Plant Industry has identified 14 frontline services whose step-by-step procedures were transformed into a charter that will help its clientele in simple terms, understand how to avail these services and makes BPI more transparent, accountable and responsive in delivering its public service.
The Bureau of Plant Industry commits to meet and satisfy the client's needs in the areas of plant quarantine; seed quality control; crop production and protection; technology development, agricultural mechanization and laboratory analytical services with compliance to our mandates. Our staff will always be available to attend to your needs with-out breaks from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In the conduct of each activity, your suggestions/comments will be taken into serious consideration to continuously improve our quality service.
- Plant Pest Diagnosis (BPI issues results of plant disease diagnosis to farmers, students, other stakeholders)
Plant Identification & Certification (BPI issues Certificate of Plant Species Identification to SUCs, entrepreneur and other interested parties)
- Plant Nursery Accreditation (BPI issues Certificate of Accreditation to private and government Plant Nursery Operators (SCUs and LGUs)
- Application and Issuance of Domestic Permit (BPI issues Domestic Permit to any person who are bringing plants, planting materials and plant products to any part of the Philippines)
- NSIC Registration (BPI issues Certificate of NSIC Registration to plant breeders)
- Plant Material Certification for Nursery Seedlings (BPI issues Certificate for Plant Materials for Nursery Seedlings to owners of Accredited Nurseries with Scion Groves)
- Plant Material Certification for Foundation & Scion Trees (BPI issues Certificate for Plant Materials for Foundation/Scion Groves to owners of Accredited Nurseries with Scion Groves, Owner or caretaker of Government owned Foundation Groves, Owner or careta)
- Seed Testing (BPI issues results of seed testing to private schools and individuals, seed companies, State Universities and Colleges, and government institutions)
- Pesticide Analysis - Pesticide Analytical Section (BPI issues reports of laboratory analysis needed by government and private institutions, academe, entrepreneur, students)
- Plant Variety Protection Certification(BPI issues Certificate for Plant Variety Protection to Plant Breeders)
- Last Updated: 17 January 2020
- Hits: 31056